Friday 5 May 2017

Keeping it real

Update from last time. Like I said, life went on as normal for ages, keeping my weight stable, weighing once a month.

Then life got stressful for external (non weight) reasons, and I realised I was throwing up a lot more often and eating junk, and worse, started substituting alcohol for food.  Thankfully I realised that this was not a long term way of dealing with stress and worse I was gaining weight.

So I had one mil out.

That was in February; and altho I didn't really notice a huge difference in restriction, I became overwhelmingly hungry - starving even - all the time.  I thought I was managing it till I weighed myself in April (8 weeks later) and I was up to 71kg. That horrified me no end. I'd not been that weight for years and years. 

For some people that might look ok, my BMI was up to 24.5; but on me it is NOT a good look. I put all my weight gain on my torso, not arms or legs or face. I started to look about 5 months pg. Not a good look.

So I got a refill tho he would only put 0.75mls in. Again I didn't notice much difference in restriction, but the hunger is not so bad, and I am making conscious decisions to eat more carefully and move a bit more

Anyone who has followed me will know I don't get exercise, it never makes me feel good or better, I hate it and generally avoid it. I am trying to walk a bit more when I'm out and about but I refuse to get a fit bit, it would only depress me!

Weighed in today (not in the Chemist where I get a print out, and I'm  - a week later - I'm down to 68.1kg, which is a lot better, and I've lost one point off my BMI.

Still got a bit to go till I fit properly into my clothes, but at least I stopped the problem.  

My stress situation is still there, but I am learning not to self medicate with wine, I wish I could say I have stress sorted, I don't.

I also got my cholesterol tested and it's quite high, so I've swapped milk (in my coffee, which I had a few times a day) for this 
which will hopefully make a difference. And I've started snacking on oatcakes instead of cheese.  I know I need to up my fruit intake, but I've also started making soups a lot, to try to get my five a day in.

Will try to blog more often, I'm not often on this account, so now I can go and leave comments on my favourite blogs!

No comments: