Monday 21 January 2008

What a difference a week makes

What a difference one week makes. It is Monday today, 9 days since my last fill. This time last week I could barely swallow fluids, and was wondering if I needed an unfill. Now, I can drink soup, meal replacement drinks and almost anything that isn't fizzy. And I can eat cheese, crackerbread and chocolate. Trying not to eat chocolate of course, but it does go down fairly easily if I do.

I think most biscuits would go down too, but I am trying to stick to healthy option - crackerbread only has 19 cals a slice, and I'm eating Babybel lights and light Philadelphia cheese with chives. I tried to eat some chicken curry yesterday but most of it came back up.

I've not really had much sucess with "real food" - even flat packed food (ready meals) doesn't go down very far or very well.

But I am definitely able to eat more than I was this time last week.

I am not going to weigh myself until Friday, when I'll be six weeks post op. It is depressing to see how fast some other people lose weight, but I guess (a) I don't really have that much weight to lose, compared to them and (b) I am horribly sedentary - ie I work from home, sitting down most of the time and don't do any kind of regular exercise.

I need to move my exercise bike from my bedroom (where it is a useful clothes horse) into the room where I work most of the day. Then I need to start using it. Oh joy. (sarcasm).

Maybe it is just the time of year, it is so cold and dark and the house is not particularly well heated, so the thought of exercise just make me want to curl up under a duvet, or dive into the biscuit tin.

No comments: